About This Journal
Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics emphasizes fundamental theoretical and experimental research in all fields of physics, from solids and liquids to elementary particles and astrophysics.
- atoms, molecules, optics;
- nuclei, particles, fields, gravitation, and astrophysics;
- solids and liquids; order, disorder, and phase transition in condensed system;
- electronic properties of solids;
- statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics.
Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics is
- founded by the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Kapitza Institute for Physical Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences
- published under management of the Physical Sciences Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences
- printed by the publishing company «Nauka», the Russian Academy of Sciences (ISSN 0044-4510)
English translation of Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics is
- published by MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- distributed by Springer
Editor-in-chief of Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics is Prof. A. F. Andreev, Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS), director of the Kapitza Institute for Physical Problems, RAS.
For the authors, Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics offers
- the readership interested in fundamental research in all fields of physics
- high quality peer-review process (about 50% of manuscripts are rejected)
- fast editorial handling
Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics is one of the Russian oldest scientific journals in physics. It was named so in 1931, as a replacement for the physics section of the Journal of the Russian Society for Physics and Chemistry, which was published in Russia since 1873. For rapid communications on scientific discoveries, the "Letters to the Editors" section of JETP was superseded in 1965 by a separate journal "JETP Letters." Since 1955, JETP is being reprinted in English in the USA. For decades, JETP is representing the advances of physics in Russia. The journal has published papers by L.D.Landau, G.N.Flerov, Ya.I.Frenkel, V.A.Fock, Ya.B.Zeldovich, Yu.B.Khariton, A.D.Sakharov. The position of Chief editor was held by A.F.Ioffe, L.I.Mandelshtam, S.I.Vavilov, N.N.Andreev, and P.L.Kapitza.